Sunday, August 14, 2011

How to handle tantrums in public for a near 2 year old?

i'm not a parent but i was always like this when i was a toddler. my mom always first let me pick out a toy or something fun when we got to the store to carry around and keep me entertained while she was shopping. if it was something cheap, she would just buy it for me at the end but if it was something she didnt want to buy me she would have me say goodbye to it and put it back. even if he has a fit after you try to put it back, you'll be leaving the store anyways so you dont have to worry about the other customers getting annoyed for long. and also i would just like to say that i've been a nanny for 5 years and that one of the things ive noticed is that every kids develop at their own rate, i wouldnt worry about the comment that says that him not speaking yet isnt 'normal'. like i said, every kid progresses at their own rate. hell, einstein didnt even talk until he was 3! haha. hope this helped in some way!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment