Thursday, August 18, 2011

I am hating my life - I hate being tied down by my parents, being a teenage sucks?

As someone who left home at 18, let me tell you that believing that you "know it will be tough" is much different than how tough it is in reality. High school education jobs don't pay well. I barely survived. I gained fat because I couldn't afford good, nutritious food. I ate a lot of cheap fast food and ramen noodles. I didn't have a lot of fun because I had to report to that crappy, no-paying job 6 days a week. At 19 I joined the army. At 20 I went to war and got shot at a number of times. No matter how bad it is at home, it is never as bad as war. I would trade any day of Iraqi flea infested uniforms and sleeping in a sand foxhole for a week of my mom bitching at me. Try to realize that it can be worse than were you are. Good luck though, I hope you find happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment